1871 – At the meeting of the city council on 30 June 1871, a burgomaster (mayor) Josef Bořík presented a proposal for the construction of an industrial brewery, which was unanimously approved. In August, a regulation was posted inviting for a “brewery referendum”. A larger industrial steam-brewery was planned, with the capacity of 54hl per batch and the annual capacity of 12,220hl supplying the whole surrounding area. The project was assigned to a prominent expert on brewery constructions, Ing. Josef Vincenc Novák (1842-1918) from Prague.
1872 – In April, the foundation stone of a new brewery was laid down ceremonially and the brickwork started. The builder Karel Tebich from Brno was elected a construction manager by the municipal council on March 23.
1873 – The first beer was brewed and produced on 6 December 1873. In October 1873, 17 batches of 10° and 11° beer were brewed.
1874 – At the meeting of the City Council, the six-member brewery board was established and chaired by Jan Tichý, who was elected for four years and managed the brewery until 1936 when it was replaced by the Brewery Department (board) of the town. The council also approved the name of the company: “Local Brewery in Náchod”. In October, the first production campaign of the brewery was closed. Over the year, a total of 13,858hl was made and 10,912hl of beer was produced, which surpassed the expectations. However, the brewery was struggling with the lack of ice and quality water.
1876 – For the first time, the export of Náchod beer was documented – 1,536hl was exported to neighbouring Prussia.
1877 – A 12° lager was brewed for the first time. Nevertheless it long remained on the edge of interest.
1887 – At Christmas the brewery started to brew a 13° lager and from 15 July the first documented dark beer was produced – Náchodský garnet made “in the Old Bohemian style”.
1897 – In view of the expected insufficient capacity of the brewery, the Board of Directors proposed to prepare a comprehensive plan to expand the brewery to the annual capacity of 60,000hl. Besides the malt house, lager cellars, and the fermentation room were planned to be expanded and the machinery to be replaced. Already complete plans were not put into practice, because the annual production of the brewery wasn’t growing any more and was stabilised approximately at 27,000hl.